Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Is My Fetus Fat?

In this morning's ultrasound baby girl was estimated to weigh 5 pounds, 11 ounces. I just about fell off the table in shock because she was 3.5 pounds only four weeks ago. I've definitely felt the growth. She's bigger, my belly is bigger, and I've been hungrier these last few weeks. I was proud at how little I'd gained throughout the pregnancy through somewhat controlled eating, a healthy diet, and moderate exercise.

So am I blowing it in the last two months? Will I end up with a 30-pound baby?!

The doctor assured me that the growth is right on track. Baby girl is in the 86th percentile for weight, has a strong heartbeat, great movement, and all her parts are the right size and in the right places. I was assured that her growth would slow down now.

Still, I'm skipping dessert from now on.

1 comment: